What we do
Many promising medicines fail during in-human trials because they don’t work as well as expected. At Unlearn.AI, we use artificial intelligence to predict how well a drug will work before it is given to people.
We are creating new technologies that take patient data — such as laboratory tests, ‘omics data, and medical records — and simulate in-human experiments on a computer. We use these simulations to design more effective clinical trials and create precise therapeutics.
What you'll do
As one of the first employees at Unlearn.AI, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of computational biology. You’ll work closely with some of the top artificial intelligence scientists in the world and leverage our unique machine learning technology to simulate biological experiments. Day-to-day work will include:
- Analyzing clinical, ‘omics, and other types of biological data.
- Integrating many data sources to create a resource for teaching machine learning algorithms about disease.
- Collaborating with internal and external scientists to simulate disease biology or patient populations and improve drug development.
Who you are
You are an entrepreneurial scientist who wants to build a new approach to biology with computation as its foundation. You’ll likely have:
- A Ph.D. in biophysics, computational biology, or a similar field.
- Extensive experience with development in Python.
- A solid understanding of biology and experience working with ‘omics data.
- An interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence (what we are doing is new, so you can’t be an expert in it yet; but you’ll become an expert in no time!).
- Willingness to move to the San Francisco Bay Area to work in person.
One more thing
We are committed to building a great company—and that means we’ll need a diverse team with a variety of backgrounds and skills. We strongly encourage applications from women and other groups that are underrepresented in the technology sector.